The Yummy Archives

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Chocolate Fountain

For my birthday celebration last year, my boyfriend did the most wonderfullest thing ever, just for lil ol me. He planned a great, big, awesome cookout in the garden! Gosh, I'm a huge fan of barbecue. Just hand me a slab of slightly-burnt barbecued steak and I'll be yours forever!

But, that was not the only highlight of my party. I knew there was something else up his sleeves when a mysterious van appeared at the gate. But before I could even ask, my boyfriend already shoved me into my room, telling me to get ready for my strippers.

What the??!! Strippers??!

The so-called 'strippers' turned out to be a surprise I had never expected! It was a chocolate fountain, all ready assembled and just waiting for me to dip my fingers in!!

I was so excited, and when I first dipped a slice of strawberry into the flowing fountain and tasted it, I died. After resurrecting back to life a few moments later, I was just awed by the smoothness of the luxurious warm chocolate in my throat.

In other words, it was soooooooooo exquisite!!


Being the nosy thing I am (yeah, pardon this big nose), I pestered the boyfriend for the cost of renting the fountain. After a while, he caved in and told me. Man I was shocked. I must say, it was a little pricey. It was $160 to rent the fountain for 3 hours. The chocolate was provided, but the dippers weren't. So we had to provide our own strawberries, bananas, cookies, marshmallows and other stuff.
da

But again I must emphasise that the chocolate was very good. It did not taste like the cheap kind, so that, probably justified the price. Nonetheless, it was very sweet of my boyfriend to surprise me like that.



BUT! It doesn't end here!!

The good news for you guys is, I just checked the website and it seems like they have had a price revamp! And they now provide dippers and have also widened their variety of chocolate! Their latest is coloured chocolate! How absolutely cool!

Quick! Pursue the yum!
Name: The Chocolate Fountain
Site: http://www.thechocolatefountain.com.sg/
Details: There'll be delivery charge incurred. But if you want an unforgettable party, go and give this a try!

No comments: