The Yummy Archives

Monday, August 27, 2007

Cheesecake Novelties

My best friend is very much the cheesecake conosseiur. So much that she proudly proclaims that "cheesecake is the 2nd priority in life!" What's 1st? Don't ask. Anyways, for her birthday this year, it wasn't difficult to come up with the idea of getting a cheesecake for her.

Whenever you think of cheesecake, where's the most likely place to go? Well there are many places, really, like Starbucks, Coffee Bean, Pacific Coffee Company, The Cheesecake Shop (duh!), Secret Recipe, blah, blah. And no doubt, the cheesecakes you find at these places are phenomenal. But.... It's nowhere comparable to this one! Behold the biggest secret the internet has ever kept!
Cheesecake Novelties

Cheesecake Novelties is run by- believe it or not- a guy!! Maizal bakes an impressive array of flavours, including those that you'll never ever ever ever get to buy off a shelf from anywhere! Fancy a Toblerone cheesecake? Or a Kiwi cheesecake anyone? For those who prefer a good ol' American cheesecake, you're sure to find that too!
da
My 1st try was early last year, when we ordered a Snickers cheesecake for my sister's birthday. *!!!* Snickers, guys, Snickers!!


Ok, you know after birthday celebrations, you always have the leftover cake lying in the fridge for days? We certainly did not have problem with this one! It was awesome, awesome. Truly awesome. I remember writing this (in my personal blog) as a review afterward:
"This cheesecake is indeed a killer. It gives you no mercy. It may look decent and unsuspecting on the outside, with innocent chocolate shavings and modest, small pieces of Snickers bars. But it is its contents that simply overwhelms you without warning. With its ungracious mess of oozing caramel, peanuts and thick cream cheese, you can't help but surrender to its mighty taste and richness.
Simply put, this cheesecake is one more to add to the list of things you must try before dying."

Yep, try it before you die alright! Since it was so good the 1st time, we decided to order once more for my boyfriend's birthday. For him, we ordered the Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake I think. I can't remember the name, sorry. I just remember quickly grabbing a piece for myself! Hehehh. I must say that this one was goood, but not as good as the Snickers one.

So back to my best friend's birthday. Guess what I got her? Haha! The Snickers one of course! Of course I had vested interest in the choice. Cos I wanted to taste more! After more than a year of not getting a dose of it, I was expecting a drop in taste. But I say, no, no, no! It did not even come near to disappointment!


Even my best friend went crazy over it! She said it was so good, she has decided that thanks to Maizal, cheesecake has turned to being her 1st priority on life! In her own words, "this is the best cheesecake I've ever tried." And I can't agree more.

Quick! Pursue the yum!
Name: Cheesecake Novelties
Details: Totally Halal, and Maizal does delivery anytime at a very good fee! Oh, not forgetting, his service is perfect too. Cakes come in personal mini sizes, but whodeheck wanna buy something that tastes kick-ass in 'S' size?
da
PS: I wanted to make that "Yum!" chop as an indicator. You know the 3-out-of-5 popcorns kinda thing. But I figured for Maizal's cheesecakes, the "Yum!" chop will cover the whole picture! :( So I just let it remain 1 instead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sofieeeeee.. u make me wanna order 'em cakes for no good reason. just so i can EAT 'em!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Oh yes! Best cheesecakes in the world. And I dare anyone to prove me otherwise.

Anonymous said...

hi sofie..lin here..mirza's sis..this guy was my poly classmate you know..i heard his cheesecakes are to die for but i have yet to taste them...soon..soon!!! :D